Chanel-owned hat-maker and milliner. Since 1936.
Chanel-owned French hat maker in business since 1936.
The story of Maison Michel begins in 1936 when Auguste Michel opened his millinery at 65 rue Sainte-Anne, Paris. In the 1960s, he entrusted the House to Pierre and Claudine Debard, who took charge of it until 2002. He was an entrepreneur, she was a milliner and together they successfully ran the company for many years thanks to their ability to meet the needs of an era marked by a revolution in hairstyles and the galloping success of ready-to-wear.